Kim's Scrapbook Addiction

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

You Hold the Key to my Heart...

Hi Friends!  I pulled out another photo from my junior prom only this time my boyfriend (now husband) is in the picture.  We look so young, I would love to look like that again!
For my layout today I used a sketch from Scrap Our Stash.  I then combined it with the challenge over @ 1 2 3 Get Scrappy challenge # 7.  I loved this sketch and let me tell you I don't think I have ever used so many elements on my page!

Here's my layout-


For the hearts I made my own template, traced it on the back of the pattern paper and cut.  Next I used a thumb tack to poke the holes!  I found pink and hand stitched all the way around the hearts.  I really love the look.


Recipe-  Paper- My Minds Eye, Chipboard Dies- Colorboc', Ink- Close to my Heart & Studio G, Rub on- Little Yellow Bicycle, Dimensional Stickers- Little Yellow Bicycle, Flowers- Scary Cute, Foam Tape, Pearl strand of beads, Pink fiber- garage sale find, Buttons- Misc.

Scrap Our Stash
THE CHALLENGE:
Your challenge is to create a layout inspired by the sketch below
AND...you must include
 A) Heart patterned paper  
 B) One or more premade/packaged Hearts
C) One or more premade/packaged Arrows.


1 2 3 Get Sketchy
For my layout I completed the top row.  Black background, lots of hearts & use oldest embellishment.  My oldest embellishment are the tiny pink flowers.  I won them from a blog hop 3 years ago.


Have a Blessed Day!

~Kim

15 comments:

  1. I love this!! The stitching on the hearts & the way you have displayed the pearls!! Fabulous. Thanks for joining us @ 123 get Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee all the hearts!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling page design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! I love how you wrapped the pearls around the embellishments!! This is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are scrapbooking your junior prom! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with scrap our stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and great take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that photo! How fun is that?? So much great texture...love the stitching! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet to have married your prom date! Wouldn't we all love to be young and carefree again! Your page is very romantic and the embellishments are very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love so much this layout! The hearts look beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page. Love all the elements. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the stitching on the hearts!
    Great photo... I married my high school sweetheart too!
    Thanks for playing along at 123 get scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful page, and such a special one, I too married my Prom Date :). Thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so pretty Kim...all the embellishing looks fabulous, what a great sketch..great take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the pretty details! So lovely! Thanks for joining us over at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Love the hearts and the stitching!! Thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete